15/01/2009

Wonderful world of learning

I've been keeping very quiet for a few days, and this time it wasn't because of laziness!
I finally sat down in front of my laptop, ignored the internet and finished the exercises for the course I'm doing. I ran straight to the post office with the printer-warm sheets, and FINALLY sent them to Dublin.

Since it's going to take them a few days to correct my work, I bought something to keep us occupied during the wait. A 2-disc CD-ROM "Teaching you 31 languages of the world".
I might not go as far as to study Vietnamese or Swahili, but I thought it might come in handy as a reminder of the languages I used to study. At least with this I get the chance to see and hear Swedish, Russian and Spanish again. (I think I've given up on Arabic already.)

It's also for Himself, who wants to learn Finnish. I'm trying to teach him, but sometimes it's easier to learn these things from a random person on a computer screen than from someone you live with. And I'd say the CD-ROM uses better language than what he'd learn from me!

The thing seems good, installed it today and had a quick look. You hear the words pronounced, which is good.(There should be video as well, but I have to look into that...) There's reading, writing and different games and activities to help you learn. And it was only 15 euro!
We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. good for you! It's great that you are both learning something new. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete