06/01/2009

I'd rather start my day with a cup of tea...

I feel like an old-fashioned lady at the moment. The kind that takes to a darkened room when things get bad. I'm writing this laying on the sofa, curtains in front of the window.

Yesterday my arm started to ache. I laughed it off, until it spread from my neck to the tips of my fingers. At that stage I couldn't do anything anymore. Himself sprayed me with Deep Heat, to the point when people said that being in the flat started to remind them of when they were young and had to go to soccer practise in the mornings.

I slept for a few hours and woke up crying. Himself usually lets me have my own way in these things (because he knows how stubborn I can be) but this time he announced that we were going to see my doctor. And, for once, I listened.

Doc took one look and stuck a needle into my back. He gave me a few prescriptions and sent me home. I still don't know exactly what's wrong with me, but the labels are telling me I'm not allowed to operate heavy machinery. Just as I was about to find the nearest building yard and take a spin in a digger, damn!

This also means that I'm taking my very first sick day from work ever! It's a strange kind of feeling... Oh, sorry, I think it might be just the medicine making my head a bit fuzzy....

(P.S. I think I shouldn't really even operate a laptop in this state of mind! I'll do us all a favour and get some sleep... )

1 comment: