04/01/2009

A sceptical Starperson. I wonder how that works?

I'm not superstitious. I walk under ladders, don't mind if salt is spilled and don't worry about Friday the 13th either. Everyone thinks we have a live-in ghost in the flat, which doesn't bother me at all.
I might do certain "rituals" in some cases, but it's mostly a habit from my childhood. Like pressing thumbs together with a person, if we say the same word at the same time. Nothing major, though.

However, I have started to believe in signs lately. Or good omens. Or whatever you want to call them. I don't go around looking for them, but for some reason they have found me in the past few weeks.

People have started to tell me about higher powers, just mentioning them in conversations. Starting from a friend who said he likes to light a candle for us when he goes to the mass. That kind of thing used to annoy me when I was younger, now it just gave a nice, warm feeling. My Father has been giving me subtle reminders of the presence of something bigger when we have been talking. Of all the people, he knows that he couln't have done that a few years back. But he sees the softening in my opinions better than anyone else would.

The strangest thing is, that within two weeks, I've heard about Angel readings twice. I had never heard of anything like that before our party, where a friend of ours told me about her belief of Guardian angels and messages from them.
Yesterday another friend invited us for dinner in their house. We had our dinner, watched a movie and played games. The usual stuff. Then I noticed a book on the table. I can't look at a book without starting to read it, so that's just what I did. Our hostess noticed my interest and exclaimed out of the blue: " You're a starperson!" She then started to explain the whole thing to me. And gave me an Angel card reading. Himself was a bit wary, because he doesn't like the doom and gloom of fortune telling and the likes. After hearing these cards don't include bad things, he settled down and continued playing the guitar.

So our lovely hostess gave me my first deck of these calming cards. (She told me you can't buy them for yourself)
I still don't know much about them, I don't know how to take the whole thing and I haven't thrown myself into something new completely.

But I do think there can be no harm in getting a few positive messages in these times. No matter what form they come in at.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I believe in angels! Sheesh, I think I need a deck of those cards these days. Let us know how they are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of angel cards. I'd like to see them.

    ReplyDelete