08/01/2009

Lovely, shiny things


Today we decided to do a bit of retail therapy. I was planning to buy myself a nice dress or maybe a pair of boots, but as it goes the shoes were all either size 3 or size 8 and the dresses looked wrong somehow. The universal law of shopping; When you go into a shop with a certain thing in your mind, your size is gone, the shop is closed or the line to the checkouts goes twice around the building. So obviously my approach to todays trip was all wrong. I even took some money with me, which to the gods of shopping is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

I found nice earrings, though. I know they might be a bit too big, but I just could not resist! I love earrings in any shape or size, and finding a new pair is always a treat. (I justify buying them with the fact that I've currently got seven piercings in my ears, and therefore really,really need everything I can find!)

I had more success in the grocery store, where I found those little animal shaped foam stickers and a bag of gems. I have no plan for them yet, but I'm sure they won't go to waste. They are already giving me great joy, not only because of all the possibilities, but also because of the funny-looking eyes of the animal stickers. I am very easily entertained, I know!

I also learned a new knitting pattern from Angel Girl (our hostess from Saturday night), who came in for a cup of tea and stayed for five hours. We love random visits, so that really was the highlight of our day. (Himself even made her one of his Famous Omelettes to make her stay longer!)

So today was filled with lovely, shiny and wonderful things in many shapes and forms.
Himself seems to have made the tea, which probably is a sign for me to stop writing and get into my jammies.
Nighty night!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It's good that you found SOMETHING! I hate when I have the money I cannot find anything I want. It's good to know that I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete