09/01/2009

"I'll make you an offer you can't refuse"

No, I haven't been watching The Godfather lately. I just got a call from Mother, and couldn't help getting mental pictures of De Niro's scary smile.

See she has too much time in her hands nowadays, and she uses it to make plans for my life. I don't mind, but usually her plans are a bit out there. Impossible is another word you could use to describe some of the crazier ones. It's sweet, in a way, because she seems to think I can do absolutely anything. But me working in a highly paid job that involves good math skills, for example, is just not realistic. I usually tune out when the talk of brain surgery starts...

Todays plan, however, made sense. That might be because she got the idea while driving at ten o'clock, which is 8 in the morning our time. She knows there is no point whatsoever to try to talk to me that early, and that gave her time to think.

So she called and said, that she'd give us her lovely two-bedroom apartment for 200 euro a month (which is absolutely nothing!) if we moved back to the good old homecountry and I'd continue my studies. She even said the other bedroom would make a lovely music room. Clever lady, I must say.

The best thing about the apartment for Himself (apart from the music room) seems to be the great kebab place just around the corner. The best part for me is, that the place was my very first home. That's where I was brought from the hospital when I was only a few days old.

I counted, that we have to stay here for another year and eight months. Himself needs to graduate and there's no point going over before I'd start studying again. It didn't stop me from looking at the education possibilities already and deciding what I want to study, though.

Did I mention I get excited quite easily sometimes? :D

2 comments:

  1. I thought it funny that you start out trashing Mom and her control issues, but in the end you are happy about that. Hmmmm..... Hope it all works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its both good that parents have high hopes for their childrens. But when they become expectations, well, then they're hard to live up to, I think. I'm glad you're considering the possibilities and quite sure that you'll figure out the best course of action. Take care!

    ReplyDelete