10/01/2009

Wedding bells and snowmobiles

For the last few months Himself has kept asking me, if we could visit my parents soon. He sounds like the ideal son-in-law (to-be), doesn't he?
He does like my Dad a lot, but the real reason behind these queries is snow.

The snow in Ireland isn't really the real deal. We might get the odd flake (if we're lucky), but they soon melt and the rain starts again. So Himself is fascinated with the idea of proper winters and listens to my stories about skating, skiing and other similar activities like a child listening to a bed-time story. And he can't wait to have a go on a snowmobile.

I have been trying to curb his enthusiasm, because I'm not sure if I'm able for all the snow anymore. Then my Dad started telling me he wants to get married to my stepmom. Which is quite understandable after 15 years, and we're all very excited about it. So yesterday we sat down, surfed the Net and found brilliant (read: REALLY cheap, 35 euro/person) flights for next month. I called Dad and he seemed happy enough. Now I just need to ask for some time off from work tomorrow.

It's so nice to have something like this to look forward to! Himself dreams of sauna and snow already, and I keep myself entertained by threathening him with icefishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment