01/05/2009

Oh yeah, the boy can play...

Guess who was playing in the pub next door last night?

Do you recognize the fella on the left?
...If you don't, not to worry.

Himself picked me up from work last night
and told me JC (The gentleman in a very stripy shirt) had a little job for me.
He had somehow managed to get hold of John Illsley, and got him to play
last night's gig with him and Greg.
Before last night name Illsley wouldn't had said anything to me,
now I know he is the former bassplayer of Dire Straits.
You learn something new every day. :)

Himself got to play a song as well.
Sultans of Swing, indeed.

One of the more interesting nights...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I would never in a million years known who that guy is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I knew it all along (yeah right, sure I did). It sounds like you had a fabulous time though. I love that you are posting pictures of your puberiffic times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had to ask the boys which old guy I was supposed to capture on camera... :D Felt a bit silly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me the excact date and location please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: Straits fan? I don't really do locations... Especially when I don't know who I'm talking to. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep ,straits fan and now he's back in music bussiness JI fan , i'm just curious where it was , thats all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! How cool to be a part of that! It looks like a great venue--so intimate. Those are the best concerts, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, you can see the people playing whereas in big places you're just watching the big screens. :)

    ReplyDelete