22/05/2009

Patter of little paws

I've been babysitting two quite hairy babies since Tuesday. Himself's parents are away, and our help was needed with the dogs. Today is the last day, and I don't want to leave the dogs!

The newer addition to the family just landed on their doorstep one day over two years ago and stayed. We all believe he must've been treated badly in his previous home. Poor fella is scared of lights, noises and isn't too fond of strangers either. For some reason he liked me straight away, and we've been great buddies ever since.

I started teaching him all the tricks in Finnish a little while ago, and he already knows that istu means "sit", maahan means "down" and he also shakes my hand when I say either Hei! (Hi!) or tassu (paw). I was talking to my dad and laughed, that the dog is the only person who understands me. In all fairness though, I sometimes use little bits of bread or other treats when teaching the dog, and Himself gets nothing (except for praise) when he learns a new word... So I can't really blame him.

Maybe I'll make some lasagne for the next teaching sesson.
Have to go and have breakfast. And talk to the doggies.
(Also have to pay the rent, try to get hold of the estate agent, sign the new contract and do another ten or so washes... But don't want to think about it. :) )

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but here lately, reading your posts always make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really want a dog, lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex: Writing them makes me hungry as well... My world orbits around food. Hmmm.. :D

    Kristina: I'd love to have one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that he took to you!! I guess he knows a softee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. takes one to know one and all that... :)

    ReplyDelete