16/05/2009

Milan, part 3 (The food, finally! :) )

Simply: The food was amazing!
I thought I'd had good pizza and pasta before, but I was wrong.


We found this nice little place called The Kitchen. And went there twice. The service was good, food was out of this world and quite inexpensive.

The picture isn't the best, because I was too hungry to concentrate on photography, but that's my new favourite thing; Pizza Rucola. It'll definitely be part of my last meal, when the time comes!

I get a little hungry just thinking about it, so let's move on...







Himself's calzone. He looked pretty happy eating it, so I'll assume it was nice as well.

It might be a while until we have pizza in Ireland. The problem is, that we're not allowed to have wood-burning ovens here. So even a good pizza is always missing that little something.

The pastas were lovely as well. The whole trip really inspired me with cooking. All the fresh ingredients, the simplicity of the dishes and the tastes...
Himself is now fighting a one-man-battle against badly cooked pasta, trying to figure out the best times, temperatures and that extra little bit of love that are needed for the perfect texture.



The ice cream was everywhere. You could be sure to find a ice cream shop in any street and the selection was just mind-boggling; The usual chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana, and then everything from tiramisu to green apple and pineapple.

And man, do they like their ice cream! It seemed to be mostly grown-ups who were enjoying these treats, and the shops stayed open until late.

So a nice cone of your fave flavours is a must. :)









And finally: The Bread.

Yes, I am one of those freaky people, who absolutely adore bread.
Little slices of pizzabase for starters, with rucola and cherrytomatoes, dosed with olive oil.
Gorgeous, chewy sourbread to eat with the pastas and use for mopping up the sauce...

Give me any bread, I'll eat it. :)

So now you understand why I had to take a picture of this little display.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment