03/04/2009

Party's over

And I can finally tell you what the present was.

I gave Himself three envelopes. The ugly, big, brown ones.
The first one said " Happy birthday! Buy yourself something nice and fashionable with this. You're gonna need your fashion sense..." Inside was a giftcard for Penneys. The look on his face; the poor man thought that was it. He composed himself and thanked me very kindly.
Then I asked him, if I should give him the rest of the gift as well, or should we just leave it until later.

He wanted his present, so I handed over envelope number 2. It said something like:
"Does 'Orio al Serio' mean anything to you? No?
How about 'Bergamo'? Not really?
It's ok. That's why I got these from a bit closer to the good old 'Il Duomo'!
In one of the most beautiful cities in... (to be continued...)
Did you guess already?"
This one held the booking papers for a hostel.

Envelope no. 3 said:
"...ITALY!"
"We're going to ________ on the _th of may.
(Can't reveal this kind of info on the envelope)
Oh, and I suppose you're going to need these as well..."
As you probably guessed, these were the plane tickets to Milan.
MILAN! :)

I knew Himself had wanted to go to Italy for ages. He's telling everyone and whispering "Milan..." to himself, so I think he liked the surprise.
A few mates called in yesterday. I made a cake, which went down well. Then we went out and had a good night.
I'm tired. Working in half an hour. Aargh.

2 comments: