06/04/2009

Laala's urban sports (part one) and other stories.

Even the pub next door settled down before me last night, and I wasn't even drinking...

Himself was sitting in on bass with the lads, doing some benefit gig he had forgotten about. He got a call right after I went to work, asking if he was ok for the night. Talk about organized; he had forgotten to put it in his calendar.

So he dropped in and made sure I had my keys and off he went. They left so early we thought it would be an early gig, but I got a text saying they'd be on at 12. Yippee...
I got home after half ten, dropped my bag on the floor and tried to switch on the lights. To find the bulb was still gone. So I sat in the semi-darkness for a few hours with my laptop. Until I finally got so bored, that I decided to risk my wellbeing by walking through the dodgiest neighbourhood in town at 2 in the morning just to get a bottle of Seven-Up from a 24-hour-garage. Every girl needs a hobby, and that's as close to extreme sports I'll ever get.

Got home, sat in the semi-darkness again for a while. Thankfully I had a book to keep me company. (Isabel Wolff's Rescuing Rose)
At half three I got a bit worried and called the better half. He said they'd be leaving soon.
And they got home a bit before five this morning.
I got the full story, with crazy organizers, drunken bikers and the gardai (the cops) arriving to tell the pub to close (way after the closing time, of course). Sounds like their evening was a tad more eventful than mine. All I saw during my walk was a few drunks heading home and young love outside the nightclubs. Oh well...
---------
Himself had a driving lesson again this morning. Mandolin man stayed over, and brought his band's newest album with him. We had a listen to it while Himself was learning the rules of the road. It's always nice to hear new music, and I can't wait for the album to actually come out. I think everyone could do with a bit of Proper order... :)
--------
It's tea time in our household again. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Young love outside of the night club. At least they waited until they were out.

    ReplyDelete