14/04/2009

The "High on chocolate" -post...

Ok, I have to confess and get it out of the way: I smoked on Sunday. It was a stupid thing to do, after a week without any. I'm quite disappointed in myself. :(
But I'm back to being good and learnt something from it.
---------------

We had our Easter egg hunt yesterday. All that was left in the shops was a bag of tiny Kinder Bueno ones, so that's what I got. Himself very patiently hid nine of them all over the flat; on top of lights, into my make-up basket, into trinket boxes and into the jar of pens. Meanwhile I was laying on the sofa, under the blanket with my eyes and ears covered so that I wouldn't get any clues.
Himself followed me during the search and laughed at me most of the time. Can't blame him, I'd say it was some sight; Me climbing on top of things, jumping up and down to check the tops of the doorframes and lifting and moving every single thing on the tables and windowsills.
I found all of them. Just ate the last two with my tea a while ago.
I think that will turn into a tradition. And next year I'll try to remember to buy the eggs on time.
----------------

We've been watching 80s movies lately. A friend of ours was shocked because I hadn't been educated in the area of 80s films and brought over a huge pile of them. Yesterday we watched Ferris Bueller's day off and Money Pit. And there's still a few to go... And yes, I have to watch them all. Knowing this particular person, there's going to be a pop quiz when we return the DVDs. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. Try not to be too hard on yourself for the smoking slip ups. It's been four years plus since I"ve quit and there are times when I bum one from my husband. It happens! Just keep your eyes on quitting and you will be just fine.

    Your 80's movie marathon needs, NEEDS to include: Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, and ET just to name a few. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up over the cigarette. I've worked with addicts for 10 years, and by far, the harded drug to quit is nicotine. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to watch Goonies, 16 candles, Say Anything and Better Off Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

    Believe it or not, he only gave me one of the movies listed above: Goonies.
    I have to tell him he's not quite the 80s movie guru he thinks he is... :D It'll break his heart.
    We'll just have to find the rest of those from somewhere else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute and I can't believe you found all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fun--80's movies!!! I love Ferris Bueller and my kids do now too. Check out the "brat pack" in Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and Breakfast Club. Love those!

    ReplyDelete