20/04/2009

Soup with shooting stars (and targets)

The reason I haven't been writing in the last little while, is my re-warmed affair, which has finally gotten out of hand. Completely.

I can't stop thinking about my new old love, and find myself wanting to spend every moment of the day with them. I can't concentrate at work, find it hard to fall asleep and walk around with a goofy grin on my face. I think it's love.

Himself is getting sick of listening to me, even though he is nice enough to pretend he doesn't mind. And in a way he's happy because I'm happy again. And at this stage I should probably say, that I'm not getting hot and heavy with some fella I found last weekend. (Himself is a patient man, but not quite that understanding!)
I'm talking about the oldest love of my life: Cooking and baking.

I'm buying new cookbooks, re-reading old ones and changing old recipes to suit my mood. I usually have at least one recipebook with me at work, and I keep making menus for the weeks to come. Yesterday I started baking as soon as I got up. And was a few minutes late from work, because I had to wait for the last buns to come out. Handily enough, I could bribe my boss with homebaked apple pie. :)

I'm trying to balance it out by reading Ann Rule's crime files. It's not working that well, really.
---------------------

On Friday we went to see a new local band, who released their first single. Luckily I didn't have to pay for the ticket, as they were fairly average. And we're betting they're probably going to be huge and sell at least gold.
(My theory is, that to become a hit you have to either
a) Make up a name no-one understands/is able to pronounce
or
b) walk around in your underwear/as little clothing as possible
The band mentioned have both things sorted; Definitely hit material!)
--------------------

Himself was shooting on Saturday and came second in the competition! Their team won! I'm always so proud when he does well in those things. I told him there's no coming home without medals of some sort, and he brought back two.
-------------------
I better go and finish making the soup (leek & chickpea, Jamie Oliver's recipe)
Yep, I think I have a new addiction....

5 comments:

  1. I love to cook. Just not for two people. And I also love to read recipes.

    Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two people I can just about deal with, cooking for one is my worst nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cooking and baking. But I'm weird and don't like to eat whatever I make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooking and baking are certainly better than smoking!!! Good addictions this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...brownies are the best thing in the world to bake. They always smell so good in the oven.

    ReplyDelete