09/04/2009

...You know how hard it can be...

Two days of smoke-free life. Cold turkey -style. Not nice.
It's horrible, because I know how bad ciggies are for me. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend, who's been stabbing you into the back. Bad for you, but something you've gotten used to.

I've a headache and a case of annoyance. Which is better for me than the other option, I know.
An interview of John Lennon is playing in the background (I only realised that now, that's where my sub-conscious got the title from). Yoko's comments from the side aren't really helping my mood.

Sorry about this. I'd say the extra-grumpiness will pass soon enough. :)

------------------------
Oh, I love being able to use the oven again. We had "Italian-style Meatloaf" for dinner today. I'm having so much fun trying new recipes and Himself seems to enjoy the outcome.
I was happy, because we didn't need to shop in the supermarket today. Every part of the dinner was fresh and locally produced.
Am I the only one who gets excited about little veggie-shops? :D

6 comments:

  1. I have to say, that I love homemade meatloaf, but I wouldn't order it in a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more of a comfort food, really, isn't it...
    When I eat out, I order something I don't usually cook at home. (read: something I'm too lazy to cook at home)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE meatloaf and make a mean one at home. My kids hate it! I tell them they will say "Mom made the best meatloaf" when I'm dead. They don't believe me, but they will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. The hardest I thing I ever did was giving up tobacco. It nearly killed me, but it was killing me. I hope you have some support in your efforts. I'm pulling for you. Keep us informed of your progress.

    Thanks for stopping by today. Your visit and comment much appreciated.

    -- Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin: The simple homecooking is the best, isn't it. :) Dad is the supercook in our family, and he knows it.

    Chuck: Thanks for visiting me! I have support, Himself peels me carrots when I get cravings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better than fresh veggies! (well, okay maybe there is....but you know what I mean).

    Good luck in no smoking!!!! My friend tried several times and finally did it with that new(er) prescription for quitting.

    ReplyDelete