11/04/2009

In search of Easter traditions

I just realised, that we don't have any Easter traditions.

I don't think my family used to do anything special, and Himself's family definitely don't make a big deal of it. But all of a sudden the pictures of lovely lamb dinners made me want to start a new tradition.

Yesterday I tried to tell Himself (half jokingly) that we should think about his soul and not have a drink on Good Friday. His answer was: " I think my soul is pretty much f***ed, living in sin with a protestant." So we called a few friends and had a few cans.

I think we need to go with something non-religious, informal and different with this tradition thing, like...
...Annual Easter egg hunt. Himself can hide the eggs and I'll do the searching and eating part.

Right,I'm off to the supermarket to check the egg situation! Have a happy Easter!

7 comments:

  1. My brother and I have talked about our lack of consistent traditions in our family. And I miss dyeing eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you choose, I hope its something you can look back on and say, "Woo, that was fun."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only tradition we have is a massive (and I mean, massive) egg hunt with our friends and their kids.. we did it today. My god, what a madhouse!

    happy easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I better start the egg hunt before I have kids; more chocolate for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I freaking love your husband's comment!! Hahaha!

    We don't do Easter. Not our thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you get more into the traditions when you have kids. It's sort of mute when it's just you and the hubby.

    ReplyDelete