26/12/2008

Working for the (big) man


It's over, and I can't say I'm sad.
Thankfully I had time for at least one of my traditions, gingerbread figures. There's some piggies, hearts and trees, just waiting to be eaten. The dogs in Himself's homeplace were over-excited when they smelled the baking cookies; they seemd to remember them from last year. So I had two little helpers running around the kitchen.

Last night we went for a few drinks in our friends' house. Champagne, crackers and cheese, they really were spoiling us!
Got to bed at around four, and had to wake up early today to go to a little town for a gig. (Won't even try to spell the name, Irish place names can be a bit confusing at times)

You'll never guess, where I'm writing this at the moment! In an old church, which has been converted into an arts centre. It still has the lovely, old windows and wooden floors, and of course the high ceiling. What could be a nicer place to write in?
Himself will be teching for a band called Superstate and I'll be taking money at the door and selling CDs. It's so nice to be doing this kind of work again, it's been a while since the last time. I have my little station all set up next to the door. CDs, mailing lists and pens all in order.

The boys are soundchecking, I'm drinking lukewarm tea and waiting.
And hoping I'll have lots of work to do tonight!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment