23/12/2008

It's not easy to be Santa's little helper...

I stayed up too late again last night.

Somehow I hadn't really realised what date it was, until yesterday. I looked at a poster of an upcoming gig on the wall of our local chipper and started frantically counting with my fingers. (This was about five minutes after I woke up and before my first cup of tea, so my brain wasn't working at all) Himself then gently confirmed that it was indeed two days to Christmas Eve.

What is a girl to do? Instead of finishing up my shopping or wrapping the last presents, I went to the cinema with my friend, who I hadn't seen in a while. I wanted to do something with her before we'd all start spending some family time.
After that we had a bite to eat and obviously had to talk about the movie. (Verdict: Not impressed.)

And suddenly it was 12.30. She went home, I turned on my computer. Then I noticed I want to wash my hair. Then I got an idea and started to do some Secret Santa Business. (Can't go into detail, in case Himself reads this before he gets his presents...) Then it was 2.30. And I went to bed.

And woke up at around 8 to find the other side of the bed empty. Himself had been gigging again on the previous night, and I was expecting him home around 3. So you can imagine my panic! (Irish people can't deal with frost on the roads while driving, the roads are just horrible, etc.) I checked my phone, ran into the sitting room... And found Himself sleeping on the sofa.
Moved him to the bedroom, and as per usual, he fell asleep straight away. I stayed awake.

When I finally drifted into sleep, the pub next door started rolling beer kegs in. So loudly, that the door, windows and the mirror next to our bed were rattling. And then my Father called. He still hasn't grasped the meaning of time difference and keeps calling on random times, almost always before I'm even close to waking up.

So maybe I've learned something from this and will do my preparations earlier next year. Or maybe I'll just start turning off my phone before I go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are posting so much more! Wow!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally managed to start putting up pics, and that makes me want to write more as well, I think... :)

    ReplyDelete