22/12/2008

Christmas party

The party is over and it went well. At the end we got 11 guests, which in our case means a full house. We had people sitting on a beanbag, fold-up chairs and empty crates. And the sofa and armchairs were quite full indeed. Himself went overboard with the fire, so we had to open the windows and even the door.

I woke up nice and early in the morning, to give myself time to prepare everything. But I ended up enjoying my cup of tea and Himself wanted to watch "just a few more minutes" of Runaway jury. Then he got a call from his former teacher, who wanted to show a painting he had just finished after years of work.

At the end we got everything done. I have to admit that I cheated a bit with the party foods... I made some pastries with rice mix, tuna and soft cheese with garlic and herbs. I don't have any pictures of them, because they weren't that pretty looking. They tasted lovely though! :) The rest of the food was unfortunately shop-bought, but went down well anyway.

My lovely Polish friend came in before the crowds arrived, and I made us some mulled wine. We had a lovely and relaxing time, good chat and a bit of music in the background.





Brian came in with a big bag of Christmas crackers. I was so excited, since it was the first time I ever got to pull one! I got a tiny motorbike from mine. And of course the bad jokes found from the crackers had to be read aloud!






More Christmas cracker surprises. Cara making a jigsaw, her glass of wine forgotten.




After the puzzle was done, Cara started looking for new challenges. She found a pen, and set up a improvised "tattoo-station". She does all sorts of designs for living, so we had a professional using our skins as her canvas.






And this is the result, signed by the artist. My arm is in full bloom. :)












The last guests left at five in the morning, so I'm a little bit tired today. But it was definitely worth it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. When the peeps start doing tattoos with pen, you KNOW the party is rockin! Sounds like fun, only wish I could have been there! Did you play any Christmas Music? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Himself asked me to put a few Christmas songs onto the laptop, and I ended up playing some of them. I just couldn't say no!
    Even tried to get the song by Mitchell, I kinda started to like it...

    ReplyDelete