18/12/2008

Laala feels like leaving


I've always loved railway stations, airports, anything that means I'll be going somewhere soon. I didn't even sleep in the car as a child, because I wanted to see everything. The first time I moved, I was two. Then 6. Then 14. Then 16, when I got my first flat. Again when I was 18. And then 19. And so it goes on. I never really felt like I belonged.

Then I moved here. I think this is the longest time I've lived in the same town and same house in one go after my childhood. And again the little voice in my head has started to tell me to leave and take the challenge of starting a life in a new place. It's gotten so bad I even get a buzz when I get into a car to go for a spin. I've started to look at websites I really shouldn't; hostels, flights, jobs abroad...
Anything to do with leaving makes me smile.

Himself is well used to my moods. He listens to me when I tell him about amazing hostels in Morocco or my sudden urge to go to Canada (Yes, my choises are VERY random!) and thinks about it for a while. Then he looks at me very seriously and says: "When do you want to go?" That is usually enough to remind me of the facts and to calm me down. But I can hear him getting tired of the continuous rain and lack of sunlight as well. So, you never know... :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment