30/12/2008

A surprisingly smooth day

Yesterday was one of those days, when everything goes right.
We started our day by turning off the alarm and sleeping in. It is something I do very rarely, because I keep thinking there are so many things that absolutely have to be done. And my poor better half won't get any extra sleep either. So that was kind of like my little after-Christmas present for us all (Himself, me and my poor tired legs).

I finally got up to make tea, and just as I put the kettle on, the buzzer went. I opened the door and let Junior in, got Himself out of bed and made the tea. And then Junior told us some great news.

After he left, we got another visitor; The Big Man walked in and sat down to wait for his coffee.Then he asked, if we knew anyone who does cleaning. Obviously I jumped up and asked when I could start. So now I have at least a few hours per week, and I know I'll be able to pay the rent. Excellent.

Then I talked to my Mother for over an hour, and I wasn't upset afterwards, which is always a nice surprise.

And then Ciaran (He's the one who moved to France) arrived, we all had dinner and went for a pint. Lovely.

To balance things, today is already showing signs of being one of those days, when things just won't go the way you'd like them to. And no amount of asking nicely or even begging is going to help. So I'll just wrap yesterday's happy memories around me and see this gray day through.
And who knows, maybe tomorrow will be another good day again!

1 comment:

  1. I love the part about your mom and not being upset after talking for an hour! I can totally relate to that! We must have a similar make and model of Mom!

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year! I'm very glad that we became blog pals this year.

    ReplyDelete