02/03/2009

Magical Monday

It's been so nice to have the day off today, after five days of work.

I slept in, spent some time in my jammies and had a brunch of noodles. (I know, aren't I posh... :D)
Found a mat for the bathroom while shopping, which was something I was supposed to do months ago. (The builders managed to loose the previous one while they were putting in the shower.)

I also talked to my friend on messenger. She's going to go and mind a baby as a part of her studies later on this week and was telling me about her plans for a new hometown after graduation. After that I talked to my Dad on Skype. We had our weekly chat about life and were both that little bit happier afterwards.

I finally had time to cook a proper meal, so I made some lamb couscous and let it simmer for ages. Himself was happy to have a meal waiting when he came home tired and grumpy. This Monday had been far from magical for him, with the stress from the college and a punctured tyre on the way home, so it was nice to be able to cheer him up a bit.

I've been reading Meg Cabot's "Size 12 is not fat" today.

So today has been filled with all the things I love most; My friends and family, reading and music. And of course good food, and people with whom to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to have some time to relax? I've had a crazy week, I'm hoping to take a few days off next week.

    ReplyDelete