29/03/2009

Happy as a Hedgehog



I just wanted to introduce you to my old friend, The Nameless Hedgehog. He has been living amongst my mother's flowers for a good few years now, but never felt the need to get into first name-terms with me. He doesn't cause fuss, which is why some people don't even notice him. There was something in his happy little face that made me snap the picture a few years ago, and now I'm happy I did.

His smile pretty much sums up how I feel now: content and happy.
We went to the doctor's yesterday, and turns out everything is fine. The relief in Himself's face was the best gift I've gotten since... forever. He said it felt like he had been away and just arrived back home. And it definitely felt that way for me as well. It's so nice to have my silly, sweet man back.

This whole thing had some good points as well. Himself realised for the first time in his life, that he doesn't always have to be "the strong one". And that talking about things can do you good. We spent time together without any distractions, just talking and being close to each other. Which made me fall even more into love with him.

He had time to read the poems I wrote. And he said he never really knew how I felt about him before. Now he does. We both learnt new things about each other, and a lot about ourselves as well. I know now, that I can't really talk about my feelings well, but I can express them in writing. And I'm thankful I have a man who doesn't think I'm strange because of that. (That's the good thing about singer-songwriters/other musicians/artistic types, they're weird enough to think you're normal when most people would go "Ooooo-key..." :D)

Also met Junior and his Better Half yesterday. It was the first time I've seen her in a few months, and let's just say there's no need to try and keep the pregnancy news secret any longer! She's looking absolutely gorgeous, and they are both very excited and happy.

So it's easy to understand my friend The Hedgehog's feelings. How could you not smile, when you're surrounded by such beauty?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I like your Hedgehog friend. Sometimes a friendly smiling face is all you need to keep going, knowing that there will be better days. Sounds like things are better now, I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't expecting comments that quickly... Wow. :) Yep, things are fine here. And a more positive post was long due, I've been whingeing way too much lately! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You know, Himself is lucky to have you. My mom has frogs in her garden, but your hedgehog is adorable. Glad you're smiling again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there :) I noticed you joined my blog, thanks! :) your hedgehog put a little smile on my face today....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And I love that Hedgehog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I'll tell Mr.Hedgehog about his new fans the next time I'll see him. :)

    ReplyDelete