26/03/2009

I wish I knew a better lullaby

I'm in a very strange state of mind today. ("What's new?", say you)
Himself is on sleeping pills and some sort of medication to keep his nerves under control. He falls asleep ok, but the sleep isn't great. He has nightmares and keeps moving and talking. Last night he had a dream I was falling off something and wrapped his arms around me, telling me not to move. Thankfully he got back to sleep. I stayed awake listening to the wind throwing crates around the backyard of the pub next door. And it was up at nine this morning.

Today I told my love to get some herbal remedy for his sleeping problems. I'm hoping the natural medicine is less likely to cause comments like "I think I need to take one" in a tone that absolutely breaks my heart.

Tomorrow we have another visit to the doc's. I'm really hope it goes well and means the end of the extra pills in the household. Keep your fingers crossed, I sure will.
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to balance the nearly sleepless nights with trying to fill the days with activities...I'm quite possibly going to scare the weaker customers with the dark circles, which at the moment have left the around-the-eyes area and are now heading towards my cheekbones...

I have a long day at work tomorrow. My boss is going to go to a gig, and there's a group of 24 coming in... I'm just praying all the keys will be there when I go in at four. And hoping there'll be no surprises. :)
I'll just go and watch Himself play for a little while and then I'll get some sleep like a good girl. :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I new something to suggest. I'm the sleepless one here.

    ReplyDelete