07/06/2009

Home sweet home

We have pretty much settled in and the place is starting to feel like home.
I spent the first few days cleaning; First in the old flat, then in here and after that I went and cleaned up at the other workplace.
While scrubbing the cupboards here I thought about the big questions of life, like:

-Why would someone buy lots of little glasstables which aren't actually tables at all, but 'candleholders' ?
- Does anyone actually own that many candles?
-Who took the pairs of most of my socks during the move? Did the little guy who steals them from the washing machine expand their business to cover moves as well, or is it someone else?
-Why would anyone think the next person moving in is going to want their empty jars and bottlecap-collection?

I still haven't found the answers.
-------

Remember when I said we got a bit of sunshine?
Well, that little bit lasted for a week. So we've been basically living in the balcony.
The shops were sold out of charcoal and cheap sunblock, and there were thousands of barbeques across the country.
We had a little BBQ on Tuesday instead of a traditional housewarming.
Then on Friday we were invited over to AG's house for another one.
(Two BBQs in a week is quite wimpy; some dude we met said he had attended 5 during the sunny stretch)

Yummy... :)


I've also done something I never thought I'd do:
I've gone to the gym twice. My arms ache, my abs ache, my legs are stiff... but I feel so happy!
Now if I could just manage to keep the motivation up...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments: