08/06/2009

Five more minutes...

There hasn't been much time to recover from all the moving -stuff. I've been doing more here, than I've done in months, which is great. My body wakes me up at around ten the latest, so I get to enjoy the light. But I think I shoud've had at least one big sleep-in after all this. And looks like it's finally starting to show.

I got up extra early today, to go to the other workplace. I had arranged to go to the clinic with my new boss, wait for her and make sure she gets home safely. We announced our arrival and sat down in the waiting room. Soon the nurse came in, all sunny and friendly, and I was introduced to save confusion. I look up from under my hat (OK, so I didn't brush it in order to get five more minutes of sleep, sorry!) and the nurse looks at me in horror.

"Gosh, are you OK? You're looking so teary-eyed. Are you worried or something?"
I said something about tiredness, she looked like she doesn't believe me, but took my boss with her anyway. I quickly occupied myself with a magazine from last October, just in case she'd decide to come back and hand me leaflets for support-groups for carers or suchlike. Bless her.

We had a laugh about it afterwards while waiting for the taxi.
But I might just organize myself a little pampering night in tonight, just to be on the safe side... And while I couldn't be bothered with make-up in the morning, I might just brush my hair tomorrow before our next adventure!

6 comments:

  1. Add lipstick--it's a fooler everytime! Everyone thinks you are made up when you have a bit of lipstick on. It's my dirty little secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some rest! Or better yet go get a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, add the lipstick, and you won't even have to worry about the hat. I'm with you on the extra five min. of sleep though. I'll cram in as much as possible whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did a hair- and facemask last night, and feel so much better. :) I never wear lipstick, maybe I should start...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been tagged...it's time to show off your new camera skills. Have you picked a new lipstick yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I was going to say a face mask too :) Glad it worked and you feel better! Sleep up mdear.

    Shawna's Study Abroad

    ReplyDelete