19/06/2009

And this is how it starts...

Someone had left this plant and moved on.
It was looking fairly rough when we moved in, and I had no plans to do anything about it.
So I pretty much ignored the poor thing for the first few days.

Then the falling leaves and parts turning from green to unhealthy-looking brown melted my heart, and I gave it a pint of water.
Then I started turning it around, so that all the branches would get some of the rare sunlight.
Now I say a few affectionate words to it every time I go to my balcony, and ask if she needs a drink.

I suppose I should've known this was going to happen...


We went into town today, just to buy a few bits and bobs for the flat; clothespegs, ironing board, and similar very rock'n'roll stuff.
Decided to have a look around the poundshop, and found little flowerpots and little growing-kits for different herbs and flowers. I picked up the sunflower one, and as soon as Himself went to meet up with the band he's teching for tonight, I dug out my gardening gloves (which I got for Christmas two years ago, and thought I'd never use) and planted the little ones.

Then I sat down beside them and gave them a talk.

So here we are now.
I'm surprised enough about the fact that I wanted to plant something, never mind the talking part.
The nestmaking-mode is on; I'll better take advantage of it and do some more organizing and laundry.
If you don't hear from me soon, I'll either be staring at my flowerpots, hoping to see some signs of life, or I have fallen into the washing machine! :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hee! Hee! Good luck with the plants--keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been gone for a while now, hope everything is okay with you and your plants.

    ReplyDelete