05/09/2009

He's electric...

Himself is playing at the Electric Picnic, on all the three nights. Tonight is night two.

I'm working all weekend, selling litres and litres of vodka to the happy people in their wellies.

I still get most of the festival athmosphere, though:

*I see drunk people,
*I stay up most of the night, wake up at funny times when my man finally gets home (so my sleeping patterns get fecked up, which usually happens at festivals)
* I'm surrounded by mud (which Himself brings in in his boots, although thankfully I don't have to walk knee-deep in it)
* I'm so tired in the mornings I feel hungover (without the drinking part, so it comes cheap as well!)
* I eat food only slightly less dodgy than your usual festival-meals (couldn't be bothered cooking for one, and don't really have the time either what with all the thirsty people)

So as you can see, you can get all the benefits of the festivals without even going...
(says Laura, as she eats a slice of cold pizza)

No comments:

Post a Comment